April 10, 2011

Boxes

It feels like I just moved a couple of months ago...probably because six months ago I did!  I moved from my cute little house in the Orange Circle to my new apartment in Newport.  It blows my mind to think of how much has changed in just six months!  The week after Easter, Ryan will be moving into our new place.  At the end of next month, I will be living WITH Ryan in OUR place!


FACT:  I hate packing, but I love unpacking.  That being said, there are tons of half-packed boxes in  my room and around the house.  No fun.  Packing Fairy, where are you when I need you the most?


[shameless plug] We are selling LOTS of stuff-dressers, couches, tables, etc.  If you need it, holler at your girl.  Also, I have bags and bags of donations.  So, if you're having a garage sale for charity or anything like that, please let me know.  Otherwise Goodwill will be seeing a lot of me! [end shameless plug]

Onto the more FUN boxes...
Ryan and I came home from Mark and Kim's Wedding today and opened some of our presents that had been shipped in the mail.  I love opening presents and I love surprises, so you can imagine how hard it is for me to walk by all these boxes day in and day out.  It's like they're sitting on the ground and taunting me, "Neener, neener!" [Somehow] I convinced Ryan that we "needed" to open the presents coming in the mail so we could know what we do and don't have at the apartment when he moves and I could get a head start on Thank You notes (because Lord knows, I need a head start!).  Legitimate argument, right?  It worked ; )


We opened presents together and honestly, with each present I opened, I couldn't help but think, "Holy crap!  This is for us!  And we are going to use this [salad bowl, cheese board, etc.] in our home.  And better yet, we get to have friends over and open our home to people!"  That is one of the reasons I love Ryan - he is warm, friendly and makes everyone feel welcome who is in his presence.  He engages people, asks meaningful questions and actually cares about the people we come in contact with.  Ryan is a great friend and he's my best friend.  Cliche or not, it's true!


42 days:    I.  Can't.  Wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment