April 18, 2011

Man, I Feel like a Woman!

Today was my "Woman's Shower" and it was very lovely!  All of my immediate family (mom and grandmas) and our family friends gathered and showered me with love.  I loved every second of it!  Even if I felt weird being the center of attention opening gifts.

My woman's shower was special to me for many reasons.  My mom and all three of my grandmothers hosted-so fun and so well planned!  Most of the women attending have been in my life since I was a little girl.  I'm fortunate to have these women in my life as I have learned so much from them.  Over the years, they have taught me what it means to be a friend, wife and a Christ-follower.  Directly and indirectly, they have taught me how to be a woman, and for that, I am very grateful!

Some of my favorite moments from the shower:
-My mom's precious toast
-Ryan's grandmother introduced herself saying, "I am Ryan's proud grandmother and I will say that he has made the right choice!"  Melt my heart!
-The rice and safety pin game...my mother in law beat the snot out of me on this game!
-Opening up gifts and some of the comments from the "racier" items.  Classic!

The weather was perfect, the venue was awesome, the food was delicious and the company was wonderful!

1 comment:

  1. you should really hit up your grandma for some hats and advice.

    ReplyDelete