April 13, 2011

A [Future] Husband's Perspective

"I guess you will allow for my creative side to come out tonight, since yours is LACKING!" -my future husband....


and without further adieu, my future husband will be composing creating today's post...  


Ryan: And I ask my fiance..."what the eff am I supposed to write about?" *Blank stare* 


So, I guess that gives me free reign to embarrass her how I see fit! :) Lets see, 39 days...well, first off, CRAZY. Second, let's do this thing already! 


For all you couples who pull off the long engagement, I tip my hat to you. This whole thing (while amazing) is tough! There's planning, and opinions, and dates, and opinions, and different color options, and then there's opinions. It's draining!! 


Someone very smart once told me, that a man gets married on the day he proposes, and a woman gets married on her wedding day! And its absolutely true. A guy has planned, processed, soul-searched, purchased expensive things, asked permission, surprised, and sat in desperate anticipation, all before popping the all important question. THEN the girls planning process starts... 


Natalie, while currently in the middle of that process, is nothing short of stunning. Lets be completely real for a second. If you are reading this blog, its because Natalie has touched your life in some special kind of way. Maybe you are someone she met at church, or at school, or a childhood friend. But whoever you are, you know how special her heart is. Thats what I love about her the most. She loves, she lives, and she is vibrant. She is someone that wants to go out and take on life, not let life just happen. Someone that looks at life through a different lens. This is what draws my soul to hers each and every day. 


I can't wait to start my life with her. Our wedding day is a symbol of everything we stand for, everything we were, everything we are, and everything we want to be. There are no delusions of a perfect life, nor some fantasy land thinking life is going to be easy. What there is, is dreams, and those dreams just became a little more real. We can't wait to fill in the blanks together. She is the most amazing woman in the world, and 39 days can't come fast enough. 

2 comments:

  1. AMEN. She is truly stunning inside & out. So gracious, caring & smokin hot to top it all off. You are one lucky man. We're counting down the days too! Thanks for making it entertaining for us. Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete