April 11, 2011

Wedding Nightmares Part I

Twice now, I have had a nightmare specifically about my make up for my wedding.  

You might think its silly, and its ok because I do too.  But only after I wake up...

See, each time I have this dream -which feels like a nightmare- I have forgotten to schedule a make up artist and I don't realize it until the morning of my wedding.  This time, I was running around some large abandoned street in New York in the middle of the day in my wedding dress with my hair done and no make up on.  Just crying and crying holding my dress as I run.

What the heck?

Ultimately, I wake up and think to myself, "Man, I REALLY need to book a make up artist!"  

Here's the thing.  You might be thinking I'm a little silly for worrying about something like this, but this is what I'm afraid of looking like:
That's me on the right, and my maid of honor on the left 

AHHH!!  Spiders and caterpillar eyebrows?!  Two of the scariest things ever! 

What I really want is something like this:
 more natural, light and less "dramatic"

Those of you that have had your make up done professionally before may be reading this and saying, "Natalie!  Just schedule a trial with someone!  Duh!"  and to that I kindly reply, "I scheduled one trial, and it really wasn't my favorite.  So I'm trying again."

Ultimately, I know that if worse comes to worse, I could do my own make up and everything would be just fine.  But I just don't wanna!

I'm just anticipating the "first look" time Ryan and I will have on our wedding day and can't wait to see him then!  I want to look gooooood for my man.  I want him to look at me and say, "Dang Gina!  Who did your make up guuurl?!  You be lookin' so fly in that dress!  and your hair?  mmm mm mmm!"

Just kidding.  

But seriously, I want to look beautiful for him and I want him to remember what my face looked like and what my eyes said in that moment.  And it sure as heck ain't gonna be a drag queen face or scary spider eyes that he's looking into!


41 days and it won't even matter what my make up looks like...

unless I look like RuPaul and scare Ryan off forever.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know why you're having nightmares...we look pretty good in that picture of "us"! ;)

    ReplyDelete