April 15, 2011

Feasting

Yesterday, I had a brief moment of quiet time.  Here is what I took with me throughout my day:

For the despondent, every day brings trouble.
For the happy heart, life is like a continual feast.

Proverbs 15:15

It's funny (or is it?) I read this because a co-worker and I had been talking the day before about what was happening lately in our lives and the subject of the heart came up.  What is even more interesting, is that this has been something I had been thinking about all week.

Here is the question I have been asking myself:

Where is my heart when I am: disappointed, discouraged, joyful, encouraged, distracted, angry, worried, etc.

And more important, the follow up question is: what is my heart's condition and is it in the right place?

If not, how do I get it there?

Because ultimately, I want it to be in the right place.  I want my heart to be one that is pleasing to God.  I want to experience my life to the fullest, and choose to have a happy heart-amidst the disappointment, discouragement, joy... those are things that I will continually face in life.  It's about how I choose to face those situations that puts my heart in the right place.



For the despondent, every day brings trouble.
For the happy heart, life is like a continual feast.

Proverbs 15:15


Choose, this day, to take your seat at the feast.

No comments:

Post a Comment