April 30, 2011

The Royal Wedding

In case you've been living in a hole lately, I'm here to inform you that the Royal Wedding happened.

Yep, it just happened.

I finally got to watch it yesterday with my friend Casey and her hilarious family.  The commentary was hilarious, the enjoyment of fashion was awesome and I left feeling convinced that I needed to email and text every woman attending my wedding a memo letting them know fashionable hats are mandatory.  (If you're reading this now and you're attending, please do not hold back on wearing a fabulous, fashionable hat that will make me want to trade my veil for your piece of hair art!)

If I wasn't getting married, I would attend a wedding wearing this one.  Love!

What I couldn't help but notice about the wedding is that there was so much hype and build up (obviously) but then the moment came and went.  Each moment: Kate getting into her car, her drive to the Abby, Kate's 4 minute walking down the aisle with her dad (dragging her 50 lbs dress-poor girl!)...every moment passed so quickly.  

Ok, but can we pause for a second and recognize that my favorite moments of TRW (the royal wedding) were the ones where Kate and William smirked at each other?!  So cute!  Amidst the tradition and stuffiness of their wedding, they still found themselves and still connected with each other.  Super presh.

All that to say, in watching TRW, I couldn't help but think about how our wedding will play out.  

All of the planning and build up to this day makes me wish it came with a remote control so I could push the slow motion button and savor every moment.  Like, when Ryan and I have our first look, or when my dad walks me down the aisle, or when Ryan and I go around greeting guests who have traveled far and wide to come celebrate us on our big day.  I want to remember all of that!

OF COURSE I know I will!  I'll have my precious memories that I hold dear in my heart and visuals that play on repeat as I look back.

Plus, I have an awesome photographer Bethany Belle!  Check her out here if you haven't already, and drool over her photojournalistic skills and awesomeness.  

I'll also have a video to watch on the days that I want to reminisce of our special day.  Praise Jesus!  

Because with a video, there is a remote...and I can rewind, fast forward and slow motion all I want!

23 days

No comments:

Post a Comment